Friday, November 11, 2005

Thoughts, A Song, A Little Journey

Seems that big changes are afoot . (that's Slartibartfast she thinks smiling)
Don't worry if it seems you don't understand me. It will come to you. I repeat things. Our thoughts, our wonderings - our world, our realities. Within each of us is the spark that holds the answer. Everything we do reaches way beyond our own microcosm. That is the quantum reality of being.
Today, 11/11, in Gregorian mystic tradition, is the date that represents the opening of the 2 pillars to the higher realms. 11 11 . This is not a kabbalistic interpretation.
I always liked 11/11.
I feel the need to take a little journey down memory lane. In light of Global Affairs these days,including all the natural disasters from the Tsunami to Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma, a little perspective always helps. Unless changes are made, History will repeat itself. Ontogeny recapitulates philogeny.
With this in mind, I would like to present a tribute to Woody Guthrie, an American Troubador. www.woodyguthrie.org/. Woody's words speak for themselves. I love words. I'm also a bibliophile. :-)
Bruce Springsteen will understand. www.brucespringsteen.net.
Vicke is a big Springsteen fan. Hey, I'm a Jersey girl, what can I say. However, I am not your typical Springsteen fan. Bruce's words, his metaphors, his ability to put all this "out there" is amazing and wonderful. I feel blessed to be incarnate with him on the planet. Bruce Springsteen and his metaphors will be mentioned often by me.
I saw Bruce in Tampa on November 4th, the Solo/Acoustic tour. I was very moved. There is a definite palpable energy when Bruce performs. The Audience was asked to please be quiet due to the solo/acoustic nature of the tour. Bruce fans are notoriously NOT quiet. Everybody was quiet. The audience let Bruce take them on a ride. I Applaud him. On every level. He is a consumate performer, a true Master of his craft. His voice was clear and strong. The quintessential Bruce moan, which all fans are familiar with, has evolved . I think Bruce has been taking voice lessons from Patti. :-)

Back to Woody. I was raised with Woody playing in the background. The images never fade (Bruce sang "I Don't want to Fade Away"). This land , highways, roads, the path less travelled. Sands, Gulf Stream Waters. Hunger, poverty. Desert. Sands. Freedom. Sound familiar?

Know that it is important to appreciate what we have.
THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND
Words and Music by Woody Guthrie
(c) 1956 Ludlow Music Inc.

http://www.woodyguthrie.org/

This land is your land,
This land is my land,
From California to the New York Island,
From the Redwood Forest to the gulf stream waters,
This land was made for you and me,
(Come On SING- You know it)

As I went walking this ribbon of highway
I saw above me that endless skyway,
I saw below me that golden valley,
This land was made for you and me.

I've roamed and I rambled, and I followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts,
And all around me a voice was sounding.
This land was made for you and me.

When the sun came shining, and I was strolling,
And the wheat fields waving, and the dust clouds rolling,
As the fog was lifting a voice was chanting:

This land was made for you and me.

As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said No Trespassing
But on the other side it didn't say nothing,
That side was made for you and me.

In the shadow of the steeple I saw my people,
By the relief office I seen my people:
As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking
Is this land made for you and me?

Nobody living can ever stop me,
As I go walking that freedom highway
Nobody living can ever make me turn back
This land was made for you and me.

Amazing, isn't it.
Fascinating and amazing.
The visuals, the images, the metaphors.
Makes you think. Makes you wonder. Makes you ponder.

I would like to thank my Friends and Family for making my 55th birthday meaningful.
Thank You.

In my genre, I will study Parashat Lech Lecha - Abraham.
We are in the Hebrew month of Cheshvan - Scorpio. The letter nun and the planet Mars are in full force. The energy is available to us to help us integrate the new, higher energy frequencies we received in the month of Tishrei. Its all about energy. There is a reason Cheshvan follows Tishrei. Ah ha. www.inner.org Rabbi Yitzach Ginsburgh. Bless you. Thank you for your teachings.
Shabbat Shalom
Vicke


From Whence comes the blind rage within that makes you burn? How do we quell it? (An E/V ?) Ah. It is never a curse. It is always a blessing. Remember. Remember. Don't forget to remember. Don't forget to remember. Don't forget to remember Amalek. Don't forget to remember the Holocaust lest it happen again. Is it happening again? Read the words. Think. See. Re'eh. On all levels. Remember. Right Bruce? - " remember the soul of the Universe willed a world, and it appeared." www.brucespringsteen.net. Remember. Remember. Don't forget to remember.








1 Comments:

Blogger ileya said...

Blessings Vicky,
This is awesome, your own Blog. Im going to bookmark it and keep up with your musings. :-)
Have fun with this, and thank you for sharing your heart with us all.
You are indeed and incredibly brilliant woman.
Namaste,

Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home