Monday, January 30, 2006

Musing on Trees Begins :)

1 Shevat 5766.

Starting to muse on trees. Aquarius, the water bearer, bringing the water of life to the roots of the tree which is the Tree of Life. Torah is referred to as Etz Chaim also.
I like the way trees look silhoueted against the sky. It all goes back to marking time for the harvest, dun'n't it.
This is the 7th year i've been noticing that trees are leaving the planet. hmmmmm.
{ha i still have my fiber optic tree going. it is fascinating, because the colours do not reveal the same as they did during the holiday season. hmmmmm. in my inner eye, The Tree is ablaze with glowing energies as are we. Lots and lots of lights alive. I built one in a virtual reality once. it was pretty. I named it Tree of Life :D}.

The seven kinds of fruit found in Eretz Yisrael are wheat, barley, grapes, figs, pomegranites, olives and dates.

bloopers and poopers i can't get the pic up for a change. ah well. i know my way around that now. i just have to do it in a separate post.

Here is the first tree quote. Our similarities are greater than our differences ya know. And I Will Continue To Maintain that THE SUM OF THE PARTS IS GREATER THAN THE WHOLE.
Quantum physics tells us that.

An ancient Arab legend relates:

During the rainy season, man and beast shiver from the cold and await expanses for grazing. And now Allah arises in his great compassion and brings down for them from heaven three burning coals.

The first ember is the ember of the air. It descends on the seventh of Shevat and warms the air. On the fourteenth of Shevat Allah brings down from Heaven the second ember, the ember of water. When it descends the water warms up, and enters the trees and restores them to their blossoming and fertility. The farmer counts an additional seven days, and then Allah brings down the third ember, the ember of land. The earth warms up and is covered with soft grass.

Rav Hai Gaon said: "It would appear from this that Tu bi-Shevat is the New Year for trees, for it is close to the day of the 'second ember' which is called in the language of the Ishmaelites aljamara al-thaniye, in which the trees are moistened and begin to drink. This is close to Tu
bi-Shevat of the solstice, and it is fitting that it should be the New Year for trees."

The 13th-century Arab geographer Qazwini states in his cosmography that on the day following the second ember, the fifteenth of Shevat, roses, jasmines, and narcissus are planted.

(Sefer ha-Moadim [The Book of Festivals])
Copyright (c) 1996 by The Jewish National Fund, Department of Education.



.....

Trees don't kill each other.
Peace
.....

5 Comments:

Blogger VickeB said...

my first comment is that everything is connected. I hope daredevil comes back to read, because the quantum synchronicity here is that I had this quote set aside for the first tree quote for Shevat, then daredevil reads my blog. you've got to love it. i maintain that bloggers are resonating on a certain frequency, connected. we're spreading and sharing information, which is the original purpose of the internet.
it is really fascinating, this blogging.

Monday, January 30, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger VickeB said...

my second comment is
arrgh
i get so frustrated trying to get the pics up.
i'm sure i'll be able to do it later.

Monday, January 30, 2006 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger VickeB said...

my third comment is
yesterday i spoke to my Cornwall family for an hour and a half. so lovely. my girlfriend of 35 years and her family. the thing about ja is, that she is the only person in the whole world who ever totally understands what i'm saying. she is the only person i've ever met who is smarter than i am. great conversations. i don't have to explain myself or my allusions. she went to nyu too. she got a classical education too. it is great. it is also wonderful to have someone who knows your past, and understands how you got to where you are. love and light to you ja. she doesn't read my blog.

Monday, January 30, 2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger VickeB said...

willness hehehe. you're the best. we went to NYU together. I graduated in 1972. Majored in English Literature. Minor in French. Had enough credits to declare English Drama and French as majors, but we had to decide. never took an accounting course in my life. ha. just earned my living at it for 30 yers. ja & I have known each other since 1969. She did her graduate study in anthropology and linguistics at Leeds, where she met her now husband. settled in Cornwall. she is a career woman by the by. i've always told her that if she had stayed in NYC she would have been a CEO. She's a scorp also. ha. she has the drive and ambition.
and yes, she knows me very well.
and has maintained dealing with my intensity oh so well throughout these years, showing interest in all my 'weird'escapades,endeavours and studies, yet remaining outside of them.
she feels blogging is a wonderful venue for me to 'show my stuff', and she knows that i've been a frustrated writer for so many years having taken all that time out to earn a living.
she is a very busy lady, spends a lot of time on the internet for work - she is currently a research librarian for Exeter, and has no interest in blogging.
i'm not in touch with anybody i used to work with anymore. when you leave the business, you leave the business.

and i mean no ego by saying that about being smarter. i just get so frustrated speaking sometimes, when nobody understands. i love conversations. i love it when she tops me with a thought, then we muse on it, and another dimension is brought in. i don't like always having to be the conversation started. it frustrates me to always be the one with the answer to the question, yet when i ask a question the answer is ' i don't know'.
that is why i say that. it is a more emotional response than it is egoistic.
sedulous will go into e space. I had to look it up.
your comments make me think and i love it.
yeah - i agree with myself about bloggers resonating. i see it. it is fascinating.

i can call england will - get it?


:)

any more ?'s?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger VickeB said...

ha
think i'm gonna let you get the last word on this one?
nah
i am blessed in this friendship, that's why i mention it in the blog.

ha.
:)
:*

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home