Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Extreme Emotionalism

.....




I'm coining a new phrase. Extreme Emotionalism. There are extreme homes, extreme sports, extreme this and extreme that. I decided I'm an Extreme Emotionalist because in a nano second I can go through so many emotions, and feel them to the utmost extreme. This is neither good or bad. It is a place to be accessed, a reality as real as anything. You can argue whether or not emotions are physical. I maintain that they are totally connected, because your emotions can manifest physical symptomology. Extreme Emotionalism is a Wild Ride !!!!

For the past couple of days I've been thinking "O ". It reminds me of Ode - the great Odes the Romantic poets wrote. Makes sense. When you're being emotional, you resonate (Dr. Emoto's word) with that energy. The Romantic Poets were O so emotional. And, I was an English Major after all. This knowledge is in my database. I always use Norton's Anthology of English Literature when I'm looking for a poem. This always gives me a great laugh. In college I got an incomplete in one class. It remained on my record as an Incomplete because I refused to make it up because we were protesting the War in Vietnam (looking back, baby stuff compared to what is going on now) The main text for that class was Norton's Anthology of English Literature. Throughout these past 35 years, I use Norton's the most. I go to it as reference time and time again. Ha. What did that prof know. nothing.
First poem, one of my favourites. Again that metaphor. Sands. The desert. Land. I'll do Bruce later. Ha.
Ozymandias
Percy Bysshe Shelley

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert...Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings,
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

.....

Now, the most famous 'O' verse
Ode on a Grecian Urn
John Keats

O Attic Shape! Fair attitude! with brede
Of marble men and maidens overwrought,
With forest branches and the trodden weed;
Thou, silent form, dost tease us out of thought
As doth eternity: Cold Pastoral!
When old age shall this generation waste,
Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
Than ours, a friend to man, to who thous say'st,
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."
.....

{Note - in general, the kabbalists don't "approve" of the Romantic poets for the simple fact that they are just tooo emotional. }Nah. Nonsense. You need to be able to incorporate all. The metaphors are the same endless metaphors - from Torah to Bruce.
I have been noticing also the circle synchronicity (relating back to O which is a circle :) ) that has been going on.
When the circle is unbroken, the energy is different than when the circle is not connected. ah ha . see?
I'm trying to make a point about the metaphors, Musing Girl realizes. These metaphors are timeless because they connect us to the depths of being. Something that really bothers me is mixed metaphors. People do that a lot. Send out conflicting signals - distorted energy patterns. That tends to brain fry me, and send me on the emotional extreme ride. In fact, as I've been writing this post, I've been all around the emotional spectrum a couple of times.
I'm trying to post a pic, but it won't work.
George Clooney was on Letterman last night.
I admire the way he handles his celebrity status. He has 2 movies out now, Syrania opening soon and Good Night & Good Luck. Both make major points concerning world events. Also, he is just so wonderful to look at. Looks much better now than when he was younger.
.....
Bruce "Devils and Dust "
'what if what you do to survive kills the things you love
fear's a powerful thing it 'll turn your heart black you can trust
and take you God filled soul, fill it with devils and dust'
......
Yes, there are feathers made of moonbeams.
Think of me.
.....
Please read Fricky K http://fricky-k.blogspot.com/ 's blog. She is a wise, wonderful young lady. I support and admire her. And her blog is amazing, as is she.



1 Comments:

Blogger VickeB said...

manda - what an honour for me to be accepted as family by you. don't worry about me changing, k? seems like this is me :P

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home