Monday, December 12, 2005

Lights Shining amidst Sparkling Snow Shadows

Winter Magic as the lights shine amidst sparkling snow shadows

photo www.webshots.com Jonathan Cummings December Foretold
.....
There is a certain magic about Winter. Snow. It is white. It is quiet. When Winter emerges, the metaphor of light plays strongly. Because the day is the shortest day, and we, as humans, for whatever reasoning you need to ascribe to it, throughout countless centuries, throughout countless names, feel the call to bring light into darkness.
As a student of Kabbalah, I celebrate the religious Holiday of Chanukkah, and light the Menorah. The Holiday of Chanukkah is all about the lights of the Menorah, and their relationship to the Sephirot
.

Howevever, when I muse as quantum Musing Girl, I find myself fascinated by the visual beauty of the Winter Season, and the manifestiation of its energy. Funny - I don't know which personal pronoun to use referring to Winter - not a he, not a she, both. Fascinating, isn't it.

I love the lights. I love sparkling snow shadows. I love 'Walkin in a Winterwonderland' and 'Frosty the Snowman' and ' Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer'. I also love the traditional Christmas Carols. 'Silent Night'. 'Little Drummer Boy'. They're beautiful and wonderous.

But - and there is a but here - as a person of Jewish faith, and as a student of kabbalah, for some strange reason I'm not supposed to participate. I don't go along with that. That's why I"m blogging and musing. To try to proove something .

Kabbalistically, I was just taught that in order for there to be a one, there has to be a many. 12 squared + 5 squared = 13 squared. We have to be one and many at the same time.

Fiber Optics make me smile. That's it. Smiling is good.

So light pics will be forcoming. Can't get snow, cause i'm in Central Fla. No snow here. But lots of lights.

Lots of spheres, and lots of white.

.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home