Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tzim Tzum

the circle unbroken




B'H
Musing girl was privileged to get an insight into tzim tzum - the Kabbalistic equivilant of the Big Bang - while pondering upon the solstices in the different hemispheres we have here on Earth - in the Southern Hemisphere the season is the longest day, the beginning of summer. In the Northern Hemisphere, which is where I am in the real world, and from whence Torah metaphors emit, it is the shortest day. Either way, it is a celebration of Light. tzim tzum. A seeming contradiction, yet really the opposite ends of the same thing, because there is no end only beginnings. That is why we celebrate this month with the Samech - the connected circular Hebrew letter. Because everything is circular.

I'm so happy. Whilst surfing the web, I love the internet, for a picture of the letter Samech to post, I came upon an explanation of the letter Samech in relation to tzim tzum. See? I know inside. B'H. Thank you for this blessing.
'The shape of the letter Samech is a circle, and in Judaism, as in many other cultures, a circle symbolizes the Infinite since it has no beginning and no end. The circle also represents the Tzimtzum, the contraction that created a space in which our finite world could exist.'
Fascinating isn't it. Because it is more real than the reality we call real.

It has been cold, very cold in the Northern Hemisphere. I've been musing upon snow and lights. The mornings are coldest, after the dark of the night when the sun is shining on the other hemisphere. Just try to imagine no sun. Can you?

new planet orbiting young star



Alaska's Northern Lights which are being compromised by Global Warming which isn't occurring.

Lights and Colour. Bring in the Joy and sense of Miracle and Wonder.

It is our responsablity to reveal light.

Circles and Colour

Greetings of the Season


galaxy forming interpretation by Chandra ( the computer)

oy. In the meantime, this Jewish musing girl, student of Kabbalah is in total fiber optic bliss.

The lights remind me of the soul state, where we are total light and colour.

Rabbi (Ginsburgh www.inner.org) taught me a lot yesterday when I listened to his lecture.

It is hard to go that deeply within sometimes. Bless you Rabbi. I feel that I can share Rabbi's teachings, and interpret what he is revealing. This blog is part of my teaching. I have such a desire to teach, and no students. oy. But I am not doing nothing, and I'm not being apathetic , which is the worst thing. Now I understand better some of the distinctions between the Orthodox Judaic 'sects'. I'm studying, Torah reveals her Lights to me, I study and I learn and speak of it. I can almost deal with the fact that I'm not able to study with Rabbi because of certain whatevers.

I HAVE AN INNER CALLING TO GO TO JERUSALEM. TRAVELLING COMPANIONS WELCOME. COMMENT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, OR IF YOU CAN LINK ME TO SOMETHING.

I'm interested to see if this week's Torah portion has any secrets that will connect to my obsession with fiber optic lights. Haven't studied it yet this week.

Peace on Earth

stop

war

just stop.


eye nebula. this photo was emailed to me as I was doing this post.

See?

2 Comments:

Blogger VickeB said...

I like my blog. I surf blogs, and mine looks very well done compared to some. Kudos to me.
Yerusalem here I come.
Love,
VickeB

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger VickeB said...

can't help it will - i'm a child of the 50's & 60's.
the hostile realities of life exist.
we cannot escape.
i myself have noticed the fragmentation increasing steadily, rather than decreasing. and it makes me sad. very sad. which is why i could relate so strongly to your post.
in this blog i am trying to reaffirm, to myself, as a peacenick ex hippie now all grown up looking back, that there is something more and meaningful. cause if there weren't ........ and that's why i understand your post so well. because i also have considered what if there weren't....
so i'm doing my best to reveal light.
i'm using kabbalasitic philosophy as a basic, then trying to expand it outwards to show the circular synchronicity. i myself am seeking. always seeking.
like Bruce says -
there's a loss that can never be replaced
a destination that can never be reached
a light you'll never find in another's face
a sea whose distance cannot be breached
.....
everybody feels it
peace in your soul my friend
keep seeking

Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home