Monday, February 06, 2006

Zapped


The post I'd been working on got zapped.
Long post.
Lots of kabbalah musings.
Changed the title 3 times
First Title - Release from Bondage = Exodus
Second Title - Why are we Still Screaming?
Third Title - Releasing Our Selves from Our Selves
That's the one that got zapped.
I do have a print out, because it was too long to edit on the screen.
Bye Bye Post.

There was a lot of gematria midrash that I did in it. Guess it was still to remain secret.

Or Was it the Censorship?

They censored Mick Jagger at the SuperBowl. Duh. I mean, you book The Rolling Stones for Half Time, and then they get censored. Mick himself is like so totally surreal - I mean, remember the tongue poster?
This is dangerous stuff, this censorship business.


Stones' Super Bowl songs censored

The Rolling Stones gave an energetic performanceThe Rolling Stones were censored during their halftime performance at the Super Bowl XL in Detroit on Sunday.

TV censors deemed two lyrics too sexually explicit to be broadcast and they were cut from the three-song show.
{THESE SONGS ARE LIKE 25 YEARS OLD }
Start Me Up and Rough Justice were subject to censorship, while (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction was left intact.

In 2004, Janet Jackson caused outrage in the US when a "wardrobe malfunction" exposed her right breast during a routine with Justin Timberlake.

START ME UP, CENSORED
You, you, you make a grown man cryYou, you make a dead man c***

The incident, which was broadcast to millions of TV viewers worldwide, led to the CBS TV network being fined a record $550,000 (£292,000).

This year TV network ABC broadcast the Super Bowl with a five-second tape delay and a sellout crowd of 65,000 people watched the Rolling Stones, led by 62-year-old Mick Jagger.

They opened their 12-minute performance with Start Me Up, and ended with Satisfaction.

ROUGH JUSTICE, CENSORED
One time you were my baby chickenNow you've grown into a foxAnd once upon a time I was your little roosterAm I just one of your c****?

{I DIDN'T WATCH IT - I MEAN, OH MY CHICKEN LITTLE THE SKY IS FALLING}
ABC said the changes to the Stones' show were made by the US National Football League (NFL) and its producers.

The Super Bowl, which is one of the most-watched events on US TV, has featured music stars in the past, including Sir Paul McCartney and U2.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4684716.stm

Thanks to the BBC for the story.

I'm stickin' to trees.

THE SOUND OF TREES
Robert Frost

I wonder about the trees.
Why do we wish to bear
Forever the noise of these
More than another noise
So close to our dwelling place?
We suffer them by the day
Till we lose all measure of pace,
And fixity in our joys,
And acquire a listening air.
They are that that talks of going
But never gets away;
And that talks no less for knowing,
As it grows wiser and older,
That now it means to stay.
My feet tug at the floor
And my head sways to my shoulder
Sometimes when I watch trees sway,
From the window or the door.
I shall set forth for somewhere,
I shall make the reckless choice
Some day when they are in voice
And tossing so as to scare
The white clouds over them on.
I shall have less to say,
But I shall be gone.

Robert Frost

That gives me the chills.
Shavuah Tov.

Trees Do Speak. Do we Dare Listen?
.....

1 Comments:

Blogger ileya said...

This must be my season, if it is a season for the trees... Yes, trees speak, they have been my teachers since Iwas a child...
There is nothing more wise on the wind than the trees... They give us breath and we give it back...

My connection to the trees is so deep and ancient, Ive always thought I must have been a druid in another space of time...

Thank you Vicki for honoring them here, I find it interesting that the Christian faith did not bring the trees along as did the Jewish faith.It hurts my heart that we have lost that vital connection to the earth and our part in it.. Or that some of us have lost it... Trees speak of time, and thought, and giving, they tell us to be still, to listen, to rest, to grow, to reach, to believe....
I cant remember my life without the trees that have been my teachers.. In ever time and place Ive been the trees have always been an active part of my evolution, my friends, my greatest teachers...
I do hug trees surprise, surprise, hehe.. But what a lot of folks dont understand is that trees hug back. There is no where on the planet I feel safer than when Im sitting in the branches of a tree...
Ahhhhhhh, yes, the trees are speaking, always with thier whispers, they happily share thier secrets with anyone who has the wisdom to want to listen...
Shhhhh, can you hear thier voice, have no fear there is nothing but love here..... Ileya

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home